| File:BW2 Submarine.jpg|
Concept art for an Anglo Isles submarine
|Faction||Anglo Isles, Solar Empire, Western Frontier, Xylvania, Tundran Territories|
|Health||Moderately armoured, weak against Frigates moderate against submarines, strong against Battleships, Naval Transports and Dreadnoughts|
|Level||3-2, 5-2, "Armada", "Exchange of Fire"|
"Dive! Sneak up on the enemy Battleship and sink it with your submerged Submarines! " - Colonel Windsor
The Submarine is a naval unit featured in Battalion Wars 2. Their main advantage is being able to submerge themselves (by the shaking of the nunchuck), rendering them unseen by enemy radars.
Submarines are armed with a machine gun turret, which is only able to fire when submarines are above the water. However, their main armanent are torpedos which can be fired at any other naval vessel to devastating effect.
Submarines have limited oxygen storage and must resurface every so often.
- In the game, these submarines have limited oxygen storage and must resurface every so often. This might be the reference to such particular limitation of any real life u-boats or submarines from early stages of WW2. In real life, the submarines does not need to resurface very so often. This is due to increase in capacity of oxygen storage of the submarines.
- Unlike many other Battalion Wars units, the submarines have no real-life counterparts, mainly because they are so small and cartoony.
- The introduction of Submarines in "Up Periscope" is the last "CO tutorial" in Battalion Wars 2.
- Solar Submarines were originally non-military observational craft, used to survey underwater regions suitable for colonialisation.
- Submarines are the like fighters because they can only attack their own type of unit (naval) and have an ability that makes them hard to destroy, submerging-submarine, Barrel roll-fighter
|Frigate - Battleship - Dreadnought - Naval Transport - Submarine|