Western Dreadnought Official Artwork
|Faction||Western Frontier, Tundran Territories, Solar Empire, Xylvania|
|Resistances||Bullets, Fire and Anti-Air Missiles|
|Weaknesses||Rockets, Artillery and Torpedos|
The dreadnought was the predominant type of battleship. The first of the kind, and earlier battleships became known as pre-dreadnoughts. Dreadnought 's design had two revolutionary features: an "all-big-gun" armament scheme, with more heavy-calibre guns than previous ships, and steam turbine propulsion.
to be added.
Submarines and air units can easily take them out, but their heavy A-A fire can be dangerous while flying at low level near these vessels. Subs can wipe them out without even taking damage.
Since Submarines and Air Units are the only thing that can take them out it is best to keep them protected with a Frigate which can counter everything that can harm a Dreadnought. You can probably kill one with a single Submarine easily even if it's guared by Frigates due to the innaccuracy of the Frigate's Depth Charges.
My word, what a monster, and its targeting Windsor's column! Sink that ship immediately! - Colonel Windsor
- The Tundran Dreadnought, the TTS Potemkin, has a real-life counterpart. In 1905, the crew of the ship under the orders of the Russian Empire, Potemkin, made a rebellion that succeded, they then went to the Ukranian city of Odessa, leading an uprising that would be crushed by the Tsar forces. This event contributed to the Russian Revolution of 1917.
- The Potemkin was originally a Battleship.
- The Anglo Isles do not have a Dreadnought, despite the fact that Great Britain (which is the nation they are based off of) coined the very name Dreadnought.
- The Solar dreadnought is armed with a gun turret identical to the main gun on a solar battleship in the stern of the ship, as well as all of its other weapons.
- Dreadnoughts from all Battalion Wars nations except the Solar Empire resemble WW2 battleships, dispite the fact the BW dreadnoughts are much taller and shorter than and real life battleship.
- Dreadnoughts also have a limited ability to attack subs at close range which does a good amount of damage but is hard to do against a player controlled sub
- Dreadnoughts flak cannons don't do more damage than a battleship's but since their are considerably more they can wear down a gunships health pretty fast