Western Frontier Bazooka Veteran
|Title||Anti-Vehicle Infantry Veteran|
|Faction||Western Frontier, Xylvania, Solar Empire, Anglo Isles, Tundran Territories, Iron Legion|
|Location||In Most War Zone|
|Resistances||Anti-Air (immune) (BW2 only)|
Infantry can easily dodge the shells launched by them, although if they're hit, they'll take considerable damage, with charged shots able to instantly kill them. Any vehicle, except the Artillery and Battlestation, is fast enough to dodge their shells as long as the vehicle keeps its distance and is under manual control.
"These Bazooka Vets make light work of vehicles but their shells are slow moving and easily dodged by infantry" - Admiral A-Qira
Anti-tank specialist infantry are equipped with H1-A1 recoilless rocket launchers, which have changed little in design in over 20 years.
Coral Atolls's weaponsmiths take great care in the gloom of their mountian-cave workshops crafting the barrels of the ballistic weaponry taken into battle by Solar Empire "Croaking Frog" anti-tank veterans. The payoff is pinpoint accuracy.
M-25 "Toffee Apple" anti-armour veterans must make especially sure their regulation handlebar moustache is no longer than the allowed 4.25 inches. Any bushier, and the operator risks propellant exhaust leading to singed whiskers.
Particularly menacing in aspect because of their distinctive Death's Head face guards, Schreckenfaust-equipped anti-armor troops often form the vanguard of Kaiser Vlad's elite ZZ shock trooper divisions.
Smelted Slayerund hand cannons channel superheated Nerocite reactions violent enough to launch molten iron shot at armor-vaporizing velocities. In the constant gloom of the ash-clouded skies of Old Xylvania, Slayerund shots would light the skies red.
- The Western Frontier's H1-A1 is based on the U.S. Bazooka line of Anti-Tank Launchers.
- The Tundran Territories' RPG-1 is based on the Soviet RPG line of Anti-Tank Launchers.
- The Xylvanian's Schreckenfaust is a combination of the German Panzerfaust and Panzerschreck Anti-Tank Launchers.
- The Anglo Isle's M25 "Toffee Apple" Launcher is probably based on the British PIAT.
- In the Anglo Isles campaign, Bazooka shells can destroy walls which meant that someone can go though areas usually inaccessible to normal Vets.
- The Xylvanian's ZZ Shock Trooper Divisions with their Death's Head face guards are a direct reference to the 3rd SS Division Totenkopf (Death's Head).
- Bazooka vets can be used as a somewhat effective artillery unit. A fully-charged Bazooka shell can travel an extremely long distance, and can take out static emplacements such as MG towers without catching any return fire.
- The Bazooka veterans of the Western Frontier wear a helmet based on the combination of the MICH TC-2000 Combat Helmet and a football helmet's single bar face mask.
- The Rocket troopers of Xylvania have a very strong resemblance to the Grenadiers of the Krieg Death Korps from Warhammer 40,000. Both serve as elite troopers, complete with hemets stylized after the Steinhelm and skullplated masks.
- The "Smelted Slayerund" hand cannon is similar in action to an Explosively Formed Penetrator (also known as a Self-Forging Projectile) weapon; a device that uses a shaped explosive charge to turn a metal plate into a superheated antitank bullet.
|Grunt - Assault Veteran/Minigun - Anti-Air Veteran/Missile Veteran - Mortar Veteran - Bazooka Veteran - Flame Veteran/Acid Gas Veteran - Staff Bearer - Munitions Expert - Private Hazard - Cleanup Squad|